I will be going over goals with my principal next week, but here is my preliminary list for the first month:
- Learn all the ins and outs of textbook distribution, and get the textbooks out to all students the first week of school.
- Establish library policies.
- Create a library brochure.
- Develop and deliver a live orientation for all freshmen.
- Develop a recorded orientation for sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- Organize routines for library volunteers.
- Develop a lively web presence, along with a library blog and wiki.
- Begin collaborative lessons with teachers.
- Finish Mockingjay. (I couldn't resist throwing that in, since I just got my copy this week and have been savoring each chapter so far. :) )
Do please feel free to comment with advice on other goals I should be including.
You'll notice that I still haven't decided how to rename or morph this blog. Ideas?